Monday, November 16, 2009

My 1st Update

Hi everyone! Today, I got to visit with my foster mom's dogs and play in the backyard. I had so much FUN! My foster mom discovered that I love to play fetch! I will play all day long if you let me and I even bring it right back (well, most of the time). She also noticed how smart I am. I tend to get really excited when I see the tennis ball and I like to jump up and down to try and get it. Well my foster mom taught me today that I need to be calm and relaxed, then she'll throw it. I picked this up very quickly, and after 3 times, I was waiting patiently for her to throw the ball. It was hard to contain myself, but I now know that being calm is worth the reward of chasing after that ball! She also started to teach me this new word called "sit". After a couple times, I started to understand what she wanted me to do. We are still working on it though.

Boy, did I have fun running around the backyard. I even got introduced to a pheasant! That was very interesting. I liked the way it smelled. We played a fun game where me and my fellow GSP friends chased around a pheasant wing on a string. My foster mom says I'm suppose to point it but I'm not quite sure what she means. I just had fun chasing it around.

I'm still working on my manners, but I think I will catch on quickly. My former owners never worked on this jumping thing, and that's my biggest issue. I like to jump up to see what you have, what's on the counters, to say hi....I jump for just about anything. But I know this is not the proper way to do things and soon I will learn I need to keep my four big paws on the ground. Because of my jumping issue, my foster mom says that it's probably best that I don't go to a home with small children. I don't want to knock them over, but since I am still learning not to jump, it's best I don't risk hurting anyone. Also, I have this strong desire to bolt for any open door, whether that means I'm going in or out. I even like to try to bolt out of the car before anyone can grab my leash. This is definitely something I'll need work with. I am told that I will be able to take advantage of young children and bolt right passed them through the door.

I am told I am a sweet, affectionate boy! They also say I am very handsome. I'm still a big, goofy puppy with big paws and big ears...how cute does that sound? Can you help me find a furever home where I can learn to be a well behaved GSP?!

Stay tuned for more updates from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment